Claydon was the home of the Verney family for over 400 years and Claydon House was built by the second Earl of Verney between 1757 and 1771.
It was bequeathed to the National trust in 1957.
The house contains some of the most iumportant Rococo interiors in the country. The Chinese Room has lavish wood carvings and there is a magnificent parquetry grand staircase.
Florence Nightingale, who was the sister in law of Sir Henry Verney was a frequent visitor spending many summers at Claydon.
Her suite of rooms containing many momentos are open to the public.
Behind the house are the Estate gardens which are an excellent example of a country house walled garden designed to be both decorative and a productive kitchen garden for the house.
Ascott House and gardens.
Ascott is a Jacobean house bought in 1876 by the de Rothschild family. To the rear of the house there are extensive gardens with views over the vale of Aylesbury.
One of the most unusual features is a topiary sundial composed of clipped yew and box. The dial is made up of Roman numerals in clipped dwarf golden box.
In the Venus garden there is a statue depicting the birth of venus.
The scented walk contained many colourful flowers which provided a great attraction to butterflies.